Friday, February 13, 2009

Days 42, 43 & 44

I finally got my laptop back tonight. The worst part is that nothing was fixed. They couldn't fix my USB port without replacing some big expensive thing and apparently my RAM is maxed, I can't add any more. That was the most disappointing news.

So I'm playing some catch up here...
day 42:
Kate made this snowgirl in her kindergarten class after reading the book Snowballs by Lois Ehlert. The illustrations are so wonderful. Kate brought in a variety of fun things from home to make her. I LOVE her lips! Kate made them out of pipe cleaners, it just cracks me up!

day 43:
Kate and I made this delicious Valentine dessert - oh yum! I found the recipe here. So yummy and so easy.

day 44:
My birthday is next week, but we always celebrate it with my father-in-law and brother-in-law too since our birthdays are so close. Anyway, Jeff bought me this...

I'm so excited, can't wait to play!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and I hope you enjoy your present. I want to see what you do with it. I bought myself one last fall and haven't used it much. I'm just not very artistic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy you got that!!! I can't wait to see what you can do with it. :) Those deserts look so yummy and I am totally in love with Kate's girl!!! Great photos. I'm glad you are back but so bummed about your computer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic snowgirl!Your daughter is very creative :)

    And I have also the Bamboo Tablet and I LOOOOVE it so much. But without USB it will be a little difficult to play with it :(...But I hope soon will be everything ok.

    Happy Valentines Day
    Martencja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday early.. as I'm sure I'll forget by next week :) I still need to take my tablet out of the box and play with it.. I need a desk!

    sorry about the laptop. .. I know when the USB port went bad on my old laptop they had to replace the whole motherboard, very expensive, but thankfully we had the service contract from Dell still... that's the drawback to laptops, they are never a cheap fix! Do you have any working USB ports at all? If you have at least one, they have "USB hubs" that will plug into it and turn it into 4 ports.. you can get it at Target even... maybe even Walmart... Hubby has one he uses since he has so much to plug into his laptop...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the bamboo tablet!! That would be fantastic to have!!
    I love Kate's art project - it's very creative and well executed!! And your desert looks absolutely TOO yummy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artwork by your little angel! So creative!

    Oh, how fun you got a Bamboo! I can't wait to see what gorgeous things you create with it!

    Have a Happy Valentine's Day weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never even heard of a Bamboo tablet and apparently, I'm way behind the curve as everyone has one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH way to go, Jeff!!! Congratulations! LOVE Kate's snowman too!

    Hey, keep your eyes out for a package coming your way this week - might be a couple days late, but hopefully on time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic snowgirl your daughter made!!

    And congrats to the bamboo tablet..that would be fantastic to have!!

    Your valentine dessert looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete